My Top Nail Polishes of 2013


Why hello there!

Second in this little roundup of 2013 series is this, my top nail polishes of 2013. 
As with the previous post, these items are not necessarily all brand new releases, but they made their way into my collection this year and I've picked out some of the best.

...............

Left to right:

This little polish speaks on behalf of the whole Miss Sporty nail polish range, I have a couple and they are all amazingly pigmented colours. I love using this on it's own or in nail art, it's definitely a great addition.

This silver holo polish can accompany just about any outfit as it contains all the colours of the rainbow immersed in a silvery shade. It's stunning on it's own but has also come in really useful for nail art. It claims to last for a night but I think GOSH are selling themselves short on that one, I manage to get a good few days wear with this! 

I got this free in Glamour magazine and it's the first and only Nail Inc polish I own. It was a wonderful bargain as I believe they usually cost £11. If I'm ever stuck for what polish to use, this is my go to - a super pretty manicure without the hassle. In all honesty however, I don't think I would fork out eleven when I've tried other polishes just as good/better a lot cheaper. 

In my opinion, this is just right for a glitter polish. I layer it over any colour and it instantly dazzles. The liquid polish the glitter lies in leans slightly pink but is mostly clear and I love it. Wouldn't be without it!

This little beauty is just wonderful. Although it needs a fair few coats to become opaque, it's worth it when you see it. It's confusing to describe because it changes in every light - I would say purple with red and gold running through it, it really suits it's name. The colour changes again if you layer it over a coloured polish.

Last but not least, the spokes-polish for Models Own. I'd never tried anything from the brand until this year when I found this in a trio in TK Maxx for just £6 - bargain or what? I tend to use it just in nail art for little accents, patterns and whatnot and it's beautiful. My sister on the other hand loves it painted over all the nails and it looks great on her.

.................

And I couldn't mention nail products of the year without mentioning this . . .



This came into my life during the Summer as a result of stumbling across it on Amazon for a around £8 and it is worth every one of those pennies. You may think that's a bit much for what looks like a clear polish, but believe me it's so much more, it has made a massive difference to my nails.
They were beginning to get weak and flaky and working in a deli doesn't do them any favours, so after applying a few coats of this, wonders worked.
My sister and mum also rate it too and they're always asking me to top up their nails with it!
It's a must as a base coat for me and I can safely put it down to this being what's make made my nails grow stronger and a bit faster.

I've linked it back to the same seller I bought it from. I've seen the price change a few times and currently it's at £7.95 which is the lowest I've seen it so if you want it I recommend from here. :)

.............................................................................................

Which polishes have been your favourite this year?
-
Have you tried any of these?
-
If you could make your dream polish, what would it be like?

.............................................................................................

Maeve
x

Share:

0 comments