Starting a Skincare Routine | ARK Skincare

Hello everyone!

Let's talk skincare.


At what age should you start to get serious about skincare?

As a 17 year old, the idea of a skincare routine is something I'm gradually starting to develop. I think that really, the sooner you bring one into your daily life the better as your skin will definitely thank you when you're older. As ARK Skincare say, "it's never too early to protect yourself from damage caused by the Sun and environmental factors with powerful antioxidants."

So where do you start?

It's quite easy to get confused about all the steps and which order you're supposed to go about conducting them in and I think that's why a lot of us don't bother with a skincare routine. Me, I used to keep it to a simple wash and moisturise for my slightly drier skin, not thinking about the benefits other products could do because it was all just too much hassle. Sound familiar?

I began experimenting with face masks and exfoliators but still didn't really have a set routine. I started thinking more seriously when the additions of micellar and toner water came into my life and from that point onwards, I was determined to keep up with a regular skincare regime.


What do ARK Skincare offer?

ARK contacted me and offered to send me one of their Age Aware Discovery Collections, to which I of course said yes, what with my newfound interest for all things skincare. The cool thing about ARK is that they gear their products around age groups - Teens to Early 30's are in the Age Prepare category, Mid 30s to 50 are the Age Maintain ladies and the Age Repair products are for those aged 50 and beyond.

I trialled and tested the Age Prepare kit for around a month and now I'm here to pass on my thoughts to you!

What you get:



Four mini sized 30ml tubes - a cleanser, exfoliator, moisturiser and a masque, all housed in a gorgeous wee travel bag. I don't know about you but I kinda love collecting little bags like this so it'll definitely come in handy even when the products are all used up! The packaging is very uniform and classy in all monochrome, so you really feel like you're applying luxury to your skin when you use them. At £28 it does cost a pretty penny but seeing as it's coming up to Christmas time, (yep, I said the 'c' word in October!) I think this would be great for gifting. Possibly even self-gifting!

Here's the order I like to use them in . . .

CLEANSER

I start off with the cleanser in the morning to rid my face of any nasties straight away. This product has a scent I can't quite put my finger on, but I think it's pretty universal in terms of age and gender. I'm not sure how the Age Maintain and Repair stuff smells so I can't say if it's the same or not. What I like about this is that it thoroughly cleanses without being too stripping or astringent, a must for my sensitive skin.

EXFOLIATOR

Next up, I go ahead and exfoliate to really polish and smooth my skin and honestly, this has got to be one of the best exfoliators I've used! It's made up of little exfoliating particles (not sure what they are, but they seem very natural) submerged in a creamy lotion. This ensures that dry skin isn't dried out any further and aids with the smoothing process. I'll usually follow this step by my trusty Simple toner which is packed with vitamins to calm down any rogue pores or blemishes and is something along with the exfoliator I've grown to absolutely love.

MOISTURISER

As I've mentioned, I have dry skin and so moisturiser is the one thing I most definitely can't skip. For a product labelled moisturiser, this one kind of let me down in the moisture stakes. Don't get me wrong, it's not useless, but it just doesn't compare to the Simple one I love and adore. Maybe my standards are too high, but on me, this kind of just sits on the skin rather than fully sinking in. I do think it could be more useful to someone with oilier skin, but for me, not a huge hit.

MASQUE

I do love a good face mask if you didn't know, so I was really excited to try out ARK's take on one. I've been using this about twice a week at night, on Sundays and at some point midweek for that little skin perk up we all need, especially coming into the Autumn and Winter. It applies creamy and thick yet dries down quite sheer and not heavy at all. You can really tell it's done it's job by the 'airbrush effect' you get once you've left it on for ten minutes then soaked it off. Love this!





I hope this has given you a little insight into how I've built my skincare routine up and how you can do the same really easily with this kit. I can definitely notice a difference in the appearance and feel of my skin which I know is down to these products and using them regularly.  It's a shame about the moisturiser but the other three products I'll definitely miss once they've run out! The exfoliator in particular, I can see that being a repurchase in the full size as it's very nearly all gone!

What's your skincare routine?
Have you ever tried ARK Skincare before?


Thanks for reading,
Maeve
x



_________________________________________________________________________
♫ Would I lie to you baby, would I lie to you? 

No, I wouldn't. The ARK Skincare Discovery Collection was sent to me but all opinions are honest and my own.

Share:

0 comments