♫ March Playlist ♫

Hello everyone!

It's time to share what I've been listening to in March! I mostly revisted some old favourites this month but there are some new discoveries in the playlist too so press play & enjoy!

music recommendations playlist tinie tempah the japanese house kanye west childish gambino jay z florence and the machine

Tinie Tempah
Believe it or not, Tinie's album Disc-overy was one of the first albums that really got me into rap. I used to listen to it religiously and 5 years on, it stands the test of time proving it's still a great record. I don't know why I decided to give a listen again this month in particular but I'm very glad I did! Obsession is still my favourite, closely followed by Illusion. Don't you just love how an album can almost take you back in time?

The Japanese House
Being a massive fan of The 1975, I discovered The Japanese House after hearing George & Matty produced their EP! Still is one of those songs that somehow just makes you feel calm instantly - you'll know what I mean when you hear it. It's giving me some serious The 1975 vibes which I need while I'm waiting for their second album!

Kanye West
I've always liked Kanye but for some reason recently I haven't been able to stop listening to him! I think it's a combination watching his interview with Zane Lowe and the new music he's released lately. All Day took a while to grow on me what the pretty disappointing Brit Awards performance (Oh Kanye, why didn't you just do Only One?) but now it has, it's been on repeat a lot, alongside old favourites like Spaceship & Hell Of A Life.

Childish Gambino
When it comes to rap, I appreciate clever metaphors & rhymes and Childish Gambino is one of those rappers that certainly delivers them! Listen to Sweatpants and you'll have a new badass motto - 'Don't be mad cus I'm doing me better than you're doing you'. Burn. I also really like 3005 and can't wait to hear his next album.

etc.
Listening to Kanye a lot also made me want to listen to Jay Z so I had The Black Album on repeat a lot in March. I quite enjoyed Iggy Azalea's song Trouble although I'm not really her biggest fan. It's a good tune! Last but not least, I was really excited by Florence + The Machine's new track What Kind Of Man! I wasn't sure about it initially but now I love it and can't wait for Florence will be pulling out of the bag next! (Unrelated side note: Florence is one of my favourite names.)


So that's what my March playlist consisted of! I've also been listening to a lot of Nicki Minaj as I'll be seeing her live in Belfast on the 1st of April - excited doesn't even come close!

P.S. Apologies there's no easy to click playlist widget like usual, I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed one now Spotify has updated! If you know, it would be greatly appreciated if you'd share how.

What have you been listening to this month?

Thanks for reading,
Maeve
x

Share:

0 comments