Learning mindfulness & meditation

Hello everyone!

Have you ever heard of mindfulness? Ever wanted to try meditation? A little while ago the topic came onto my radar and when I downloaded the Headspace app, I learned what it means to be mindful!

mindfulness meditation headspace app how to relax

So what is mindfulness?

Basically, to be mindful means to be conscious & aware.

Mindfulness is "the intentional, accepting and non-judgemental focus of one's attention on the emotions, thoughts and sensations occurring in the present moment".

mindfulness meditation headspace app how to relax

How can meditation & being mindful improve your life?

It's said that meditation can be an aid to various mental & physical conditions.

Since having M.E. where I deal with pain & fatigue daily, meditation was recommended to me and I've found it definitely helps me with what's going on in my head with regards to that. However, I think even if you don't suffer with any kind of illness/condition, taking time out of your day to sit & reflect can be very helpful & is vitally important.



What did I think of the Headspace app?

I took the 10 day free trial of Headspace and loved every second of it! I took 10 minutes out of my day, everyday for 10 days and did some meditation in that time. The app plays a voice that guides you through what you should do which I found really helpful & reassuring.

I probably won't be paying for the full version of Headspace now I know what to do but I did really enjoy it. Also, there are a lot of free resources online that explain things which I'll be using from now on as well as the Headspace Youtube channel itself which is packed full of tips & advice in video form!

I recommend the free trial of Headspace to everyone - I found it to be a really good basis of understand to learn from so if you'd like to take a little time for yourself every now and then, relieve stress & reflect, go for it!


I hope you enjoyed this post! It's something quite different for me to blog about but I'd really like to broaden the topics I include here to make this a fuller extension of myself. Get involved in the comments below and tell me how you like to relax!

Would you ever try meditation?

Thanks for reading,
Maeve
x

Share:

0 comments