♫ July Playlist ♫

Hello everyone!

It's time to share what I've been listening to throughout the month of July!

july playlist music recommendations review regret everything everything diver kid astray the weeknd wicked games can't feel my face years and years shine worship desire empire cast money for nothing you're so beautiful

Everything Everything

I've had Regret stuck in my head this whole month! I first heard it when they performed it on a TV show then again on the BBC's Glastonbury coverage. It's ridiculously catchy with it's punchy rhythm - you'll be singing it non-stop! I didn't realise they're the same band that also sing Kemosabe, a song I loved when I heard it last year so I'll have to get listening to more from them!

Kid Astray

Kid Astray's song Diver was on one of the Spotify ads at the start of the month and I was immediately drawn to that indie pop sound! Think fun, easy breezy, chilled out vibes. I probably should go and listen to their full album now!

The Weeknd

Ah, The Weeknd. I'd heard him on various songs with Drake in the past but for some reason I never really listened to his own stuff until now. Holy moly, I was missing out! Wicked Games is by far my favourite song of his; if you're adverse to the odd f-bomb, maybe give it a miss but if alternative R'n'B sounds like your kind of thing, see what you think. Can't Feel My Face is his current (less explicit) single which definitely takes on more of a pop sound. When I first heard it on the radio I wasn't sure about it but now it's had time to grow on me I love it!

Years & Years

The trio released their new album this month which I was pretty excited for, already being a fan of their singles I'd heard previously. Unfortunately the majority of Communion just didn't do it for me but there are a few tracks that did stand out! I'm absolutely loving Shine, Worship & Desire. I'd love to know what you thought of the album!

Empire

& last but not least, I couldn't not include the Empire soundtrack! I loved the series on E4 so it made sense I'd enjoy the album. Hip hop fans will love the cast's take on Money For Nothing but I imagine Dire Straits fan might not! I've been singing You're So Beautiful all over the house - Jussie Smollett's voice is gorgeous!


Well I hope you enjoyed my July Playlist! Get involved in the comments below and let me know what you think of the songs I included!

What have you been listening to this month?

Thanks for reading,
Maeve
x

Share:

0 comments